“Life is a field of unlimited possibilities.” Deepak Chopra
What is manifestation?
Manifestation is the practice of thinking aspirational thoughts with a view to turning them into reality. The art of manifestation requires you to think, act and live in a way that will lead you closer to your dreams. You can manifest anything your heart desires! Love, money, your dream home or a career that you are passionate about. By focusing your thoughts on what you want, the universe reciprocates by presenting those desires to you.
In essence, if you don’t feel abundant, you won’t attract abundance, so you must be conscious of the energy you are sending out. Life is too short to sit around and wait for your desires to be presented to you, you must play an active role in co-creating your aspirations with the universe.
So, how do you embark on your manifestation journey?
Cultivate an abundance mindset
Stephen Covey coined the term ‘abundance mentality or abundance mindset’ in his 1989 best-seller, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. He defined the term as ‘a concept in which a person believes there are enough resources and successes to share with others.’
Those who foster an abundance mentality believe that there are plenty of world resources for everyone, including love, relationships, wealth and opportunity. This significant shift from a scarcity mindset entirely changes your perspective and helps you focus on what you have, rather than what you don’t have.
By developing an abundance mindset, you will start to believe that you are worthy, and you’ll see more in life, more choices, more options and more opportunity. It stems from a strong belief that you are already equipped with everything you need to be happy, healthy and successful, and that anything you want and need is available to you. Thus, through the power of manifestation, YOU are capable of making ANYTHING you feel and experience a reality, by changing your thoughts, beliefs, emotions and behaviour.
Tips to help you cultivate an abundance mindset:
- Embrace new opportunities that come your way
- Live with intention and seek meaningful experiences
- Focus on the positive and avoid the negative
- Endeavour to lead a well-balanced, full and satisfying life
- Express gratitude
Are you ready to manifest the life you desire? Here are some tips to get you started!
“You are the creator of your own reality.” – Esther Hicks
Embody your next level self
Becoming who you want to be starts with changing the thoughts and beliefs you actively engage in.
So, take a few minutes to conjure up an image in your mind of a better you, and then draw this vision closer to you and embrace everything that makes it wonderful.
“Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more; if you concentrate on what you don’t have, you’ll never have enough.”- Oprah Winfrey
Find a quiet space, take a journal and write down all the things you are most thankful for in your life. This may be your children, your pets, your job, your family, your home, your friends, your health, anything at all!
Reflect on what you want
What do you wish you had in your life and how do you envision these impacting your happiness? Use positive energy to create a vision of how you want your life to be, and how living this life will make you feel. Perhaps you want a nicer home, a more fulfilling job, a better work life balance or more opportunities to travel.
Write down your desires as if you’ve already achieved them
Turn to your journal and write down each of your aspirations in the present tense. The aim is to convince the universe that your desires are already true, and by investing positive energy in the process, you will be attracting positive elements back into your life.
For example, you could write:
- I am grateful for this wonderful home, it makes me feel safe and secure and I love sharing it with those I love
- I’m happy to have found a loving partner who accepts me for who I am
- I am delighted to be working in a job that brings me immense satisfaction and fulfilment
Now it’s time to venture into the wonderful world that is your imagination.
When you visualise you create a crystal-clear picture in your mind of what you want. Visualisation is highly effective as it directs your subconscious to the outcome you are trying to accomplish and then works to prepare your mind and body for the reality. By visualising your manifestations in as vivid detail as possible, you are materialising your dreams by creating a compelling image of the objects you desire. By using your mind to fabricate positive visions you are radiating positive vibrations and in turn, attracting positive elements back to you.
For example, you may wish to visualise your dream home. Think about where it would be, what each room would look like, what the surroundings would look like, what colours it would be and what it would smell like. Imagine cooking in your dream kitchen or laughing around the dinner table with your loved ones. How do these activities make you feel?
Tips for materialising your dreams through visualisation:
- Create bright and colourful images
- Only envision what you desire
- Imagine scenes and pictures in as much detail as possible, and don’t forget to integrate yourself as the main participant
- Imagine your desires as if they’re already a reality
Use affirmations to manifest your dreams
Affirmations are a powerful technique for manifesting what you want. Essentially, you are reprogramming your subconscious mind to attract more abundance by delivering positive statements. The more you do this the more your subconscious mind will believe what you are telling it.
If you’re struggling to think of affirmations, here are some examples to inspire you:
- Good things are happening to me all the time
- I am successful in everything I do
- I am happy, healthy and hopeful about the future
- I have the power to achieve my goals and manifest anything I desire
- My intentions for my life are clear
- I surround myself with positive people who believe in me 100%
- I’m ready to tackle the challenges coming my way
- I’m worthy of financial success and am free to spend money on anything I choose
- I deserve happy, fulfilling relationships that positively impact my life
- If I want it, I can manifest it
- I deserve all that I already have
- The future is bright, and I am ready to live the life of my dreams
To learn more about how to intentionally manifest abundance in all aspects of your life, have a read of my book ‘MANIFESTING ABUNDANCE INTENTIONALLY: A 30 – Day Guided Journal of What It Takes to Enjoy Life Of Freedom’.
I’d love to help you manifest anything you desire! If this appeals to you, please contact me here.